Monday, April 8, 2013

Church of Your Heart

I would be more than willing to go to church.

As long as we'd be meeting outside of church.

As long as we'd talk using 'I believe', 'in my opinion', 'I think', 'for me' and 'it's okay if you disagree'.

As long as we'd talk about love.

As long as we'd have no Bibles.

As long as we wouldn't try to guilt each other into subscribing to one particular set of beliefs.

As long as we wouldn't instil the fear of Hell.

As long as we'd answer questions like 'What is one thing you believe in you think most people would disagree with?'.

And we'd react to those answers with an 'Interesting' and a genuine, reassuring smile even when we disagree.

As long as we'd tell each other it doesn't matter what we believe in, how close or far we are from the truth as long as our beliefs enables us to love and care for people.


But I'm pretty sure there is no such church.

P.S. The title is a reference to the Roxette song. Which is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment